Conference in memoriam Kira Shingareva
MIIGAiK’s Extraterrestrial Laboratory organizes a conference in the memory of Kira Shingareva.
The program of the planetary cartography section is as follows:
Conference program, May 28, 2014 10:00 – 17:00
Section 3. Cartography, Subsection 3.3. Planetary Cartography
Office 155, MExLab MIIGAiK, Moscow
1. Mercury: Research and Mapping. Preparation for the Future European Mission BepiColombo. J. Oberst (DLR, TUB, MIIGAiK).
2. History of the Moon and Planet Laboratory of Space Research Institute. A.T. Basilevsky (Vernadsky Institute of Geochemistry and Analytical Chemistry, Russian Academy of Sciences).
3. Planetary Nomenclature. V.V. Shevchenko (Sternberg Astronomical Institute, Moscow State University).
4. Work of the Department of Physics of the Moon and Planets of Sternberg Astronomical Institute. J.F. Rodionova (Sternberg Astronomical Institute, Moscow State University).
5. Mapping of the Moon and the Global Positioning System. A.V. Bagrov (Institute of Astronomy, Russian Academy of Sciences) and E.M. Mazurova (MIIGAiK).
6. Projections for Planetary Mapping. M.E. Fleiss (Institute of Geography, Russian Academy of Sciences).
7. New Atlas of Phobos. I.P. Karachevtseva (MIIGAiK).
8. Methods of Study of the Moon Relief at Different Levels of Detail. N.A. Kozlova (MIIGAiK).
9. Development of the Technology for Mapping of the Moon Polar Areas for Future Russian Missions Luna-Glob and Luna-Resource. A.A. Kokhanov (MIIGAiK).
Participation is free. Please note that most of the presentations will be in Russian.
The organizers expect relatives and friends of Kira Shingareva to come.